Digital Transformation is one of the biggest buzzwords on the market, but did you know 70% of people don’t know what it is?
Digital Transformation is using software tools to increase your efficiencies by at least two. This can include reducing overhead, streamlining processes, have better visibility for decision making, and automating tedious tasks.
Three components are mandatory for the successful deployment of Digital Transformation, People, Processes and Tools. Today’s focus is on People.
Your people need to be on board, and they need to understand the direction and plan. This isn’t one person’s job; each person in your organization plays a vital role in DT deployment. Not only is the team critical, but champion employees are just as important, even if they aren’t fully invested in the project. They help with training, go-lives, and help reduce the panic that most certainly arises after cutover. Having a strong team with solid leadership allows for success in this category.
People, however, cannot be replaced entirely, because people have talents, critically think, provide leadership and make decisions.
People have many roles around Digital Transformation:
· Leadership to set direction encourages completion, targets, and manages people
· Competency to implement the changes
· Talents (Business Acumen, IT skills, People Skills, Leadership skills etc.)
· Champion Employees (Cushions) who assist with providing comfort
Risks your current Digital Transformation is at risk.
· Decisions are being delayed
· Projects not on time, or not even starting
· Leadership problems either one person who is not confident or too many people involved
· Poor decision making from people such as Band-Aid fixes
· Not drilling down to the foundations of the business and only speaking with managers
Your business is your field; the tools you use to tend to it are your decisions.