How to Evaluate and Select the Right ERP Solution
March 20, 2018
You Know Your Options
You’ve felt the pain points, you’ve done the research, and now you’re convinced that implementing a new ERP system is the right step for your organization. The next step is evaluating ERP and determining which solution is best for your company – which solution will help you achieve the goals you’ve set. You’ve entered the Evaluation stage of the process.
When in Doubt – Ask!
At this point, you need to involve other stakeholders in your organization. Some questions you’ll want to ask them are:
- What are the most critical needs of their department(s)?
- What skillset will be necessary in each of those departments to successfully deploy more sophisticated software?
- How can each department work together to determine our return on investment?
- How much customization will we need from an ERP solution?
- Is cloud-based better than something we host onsite?
Online Resources Make it Easier
Once you’ve got that information, you can narrow down your options. Fortunately, Acumatica—the leading ERP software provider for medium-size businesses—has collected all the resources you need to make an informed decision right in one place.
From tips on selecting an ERP provider that fits your budget to the benefits of cloud-based and mobile solutions, Acumatica’s resources will help you feel more confident as you move to the next stage: Select.