Over the past few weeks, we’ve been discussing Acumatica’s Customer Management suite and the different features of the CRM software (Sales Automation and Service & Support). It’s no secret that acquiring and retaining customers is a critical component of owning and operating a successful business – no matter the size of the company or the industry. In this article, which is the final part in our 3-part CRM Tools Series we’ll look at how Acumatica’s Customer Self-Service Portal can help you deliver even greater value to those you serve by offering new ways for them to access information and perform key activities anytime.
What is a Customer Self-Service Portal?
A self-service portal allows customer service teams to manage a place for customers to visit to find an answer to their questions. It is typically a website or app that customers, staff, partners or suppliers can access to find answers to questions, conduct business, check on status, submit support tickets, download resources and more.
Adding a portal that your customers can access and navigate themselves is one of the key elements to a successful self-service strategy. It allows the customer to help themselves – which is something both customers and support teams love. It can also be a great starting point for digital transformation by identifying existing business processes that are inefficient and replacing them with an automated digital solution.
Overall, having a customer self-service portal is an opportunity to give customers a choice and provide an enhanced customer experience by allowing them the freedom to conduct business at their leisure and communicate with you in a way that may better suit their preference.
What Could a Customer Self-Service Portal Do for My Business?
There are many benefits of a customer self-service portal, for both the business and the customers. These can include more accessibility, reduction in wait times for support, freeing up your team’s time, decreasing costs and even increasing customer acquisition.
Specifically, Acumatica Portals enable you to create a customer portal experience where customers can access their information, including contracts, financial statements, support cases, and more. Acumatica’s Customer Self-Service Portal helps you communicate with customers and work more efficiently. It also works with other Acumatica applications like CRM and Sales Order Management, to provide helpful tools to allow your customers to see all the relevant information about their interaction and perform account-related activities online. Further, you can reduce customer support questions by providing access to your knowledge base and document sharing anytime.
Self-service portal software, like Acumatica, has a lot of different parts to it. Here a few key features of Acumatica’s Customer Self-Service Portal that could be critical for your business.
Important features of Customer Portal
- Financial Overview: Give customers access to all historical documents, contracts, balances, due dates, payments received and the amount owing.
- Up-to-Date Pricing and Inventory Details: Ensure accurate inventory and pricing is always displayed because it is connected to the same database as your Acumatica Distribution Management applications.
- Case Management: Allow customers to submit new cases, which seamlessly flow into Acumatica ERP. The customers can view the cases they sent, track the status of each case, provide additional information when required and reopen closed cases.
- Knowledge Base: Allow customers to search for answers to their questions, allowing more customer self-service and generating fewer support calls.
- Online Catalogue: Give your customers access to the products you sell with their descriptions and images. You control which products are visible to each user and which warehouses goods can be shipped from.
Key Benefits of Acumatica’s Customer Self-Service Portal Module
- Grant customers access to account information 24/7, without picking up the phone or sending an email
- Offer customers the ability to perform activities and answer their questions by providing access to the information they need most
- Customers can view and promptly update their company address and contact information, to keep the data in the system up to date at all times
Extend the Value of Acumatica
- Leverage your existing Acumatica solution to deliver even greater value to those you serve by offering new ways for them to access information and perform critical activities
- Provide a secure location to share marketing material, educational material, company policies and FAQs with customers
Reduce Sales Team Workloads
- Enable your sales team to focus on more strategic activities by reducing the number of sales and support related inquiries they receive
- Business partners and resellers can view inventory and place orders themselves–speeding up the ordering process and freeing your sales team
Want to learn more about ERP software? Check out the other posts in our What is ERP series! (Financial Tools, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Distribution Management, Advanced Inventory Management, Purchase Order Management and Sales Order Management)
Think Acumatica’s Customer Management Software could be a game-changer for your business? Find out more here.