The marketplace is more saturated than ever with small businesses and service providers. With competition at an all-time high establishing customer loyalty has never been more critical (or more challenging). With so many options available to the consumer, the slightest disruption in the service they receive from you can send them running to one of your competitors. In light of this, its imperative for sales and customer service to work together to achieve better alignment and communication to acquire and retain customers.
In this article, which is part 2 in our 3-part CRM Tools Series we’ll look at how Acumatica’s Service and Support Automation integrates service and support activities with sales and marketing to deliver a team-oriented approach to customer support and increased sales.
What is Service & Support Software?
For a business to be successful, the customer needs to always remain at the core of everything that they do. To keep the customer as the focal point of the operation, businesses need to utilize tools to help them deliver the top customer support possible.
Customer service and support software solutions help customer service representatives document, route, track, resolve and report on customer issues. These software solutions can streamline the issue resolution process by automating many everyday support activities. The goal of implementing a customer support software solution is to improve your teams’ productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
Having a reliable customer support system is essential because it can result in a positive image of your brand and serves as a clear sign that you care about your clients and put in the effort to keep them satisfied.
When included as part of a comprehensive ERP solution, customer support is integrated with other processes like field service dispatch (to enable on-site repairs), inventory management (to communicate what products are in stock) and sales automation (to streamline the sales process and communication between your sales team and the customer). Overall, well-implemented customer service and support solutions increase customer satisfaction, empower your team, and provide transparency and reporting to management on the support process.
What Can Service & Support Software Do for My Business?
Acumatica’s Service and Support Automation module of the Customer Management Suite reduces response times, improves customer satisfaction, lowers support costs and accurately bills transactions. With the module, you can create a case from web forms or manual entry. You can also bill accurately and manage collection through Acumatica’s financial module integration.
Important Features of Service & Support Automation
- Lifecycle management: Track customer contacts through prospecting, closing, and up-selling for a complete history of communications.
- Team troubleshooting: Assign cases to a workgroup for support team collaboration. Escalate cases/tickets without having to email documents and case history.
- Email management: Send standard emails to address common problems using standard templates to ensure current and consistent messaging.
- Workstation flexibility: User-based customized views of tasks, appointments, and cases available to service personnel on any browser.
- Dashboards and favourites: Create announcements and default dashboards for each service manager. Dashboards and favourites link to real-time information in tabular or graphical form.
- Business process monitoring: Send notifications by email when data is updated or whenever a set of pre-defined conditions are met.
Key Benefits of Acumatica’s Service & Support Module
- View Case Activity by Conversations for quick retrieval of all case-related information linked to tasks, events, and activities.
- Case information is available to all authorized stakeholders.
- Workflow based on established case severities, escalation paths and priorities sends reminders to responsible parties.
- Link cases to customer contracts and service plans to quickly determine the level of service to provide and ensure that the proper support is provided and correctly billed.
- Set service rates per incident, per hour, or prepaid.
Integrated Document Management
- Access all documents and activities sent to customers via the integrated content management system.
- Grant access to sales contracts, marketing offers, notes, emails, and other communications.
Want to learn more about ERP software? Check out the other posts in our What is ERP series! (Financial Tools, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Distribution Management, Advanced Inventory Management, Purchase Order Management , and Sales Order Management)
Think Acumatica’s Customer Management Software could be a game-changer for your business? Find out more here.