It used to be enough to deliver quality goods on time, but that is changing as consumer’s expectations are rising and companies continue to push the limits of efficiency and excellent customer experience. Over the past few weeks, we’ve looked at Acumatica’s Advanced Inventory Management and Purchase Order Management modules within the Distribution Management ERP suite and how they help distributors contend in an extremely competitive market. Today, we will discuss a critical component of any distribution process – sales order management.
What is Sales Order Management Software?
When a customer makes an order, their experience doesn’t end there. You are accountable to them right up until they receive their shipment. Sales order tracking allows customers to follow their order through every step of the fulfillment process. The most effective way to give your customers the information they need about their order through sales order management software.
Effective sales order management software integrates with your other systems and tools that are already in place. This allows you to have complete visibility over all of your order management operations. Order processing software, like the Sales Order Management module in Acumatica, lets you centrally manage sales activities, such as enter quotes, fulfill sales orders, create shipments, track prices, apply discounts and check available inventory.
What Can Sales Order Management Software Do for My Business?
Acumatica’s Sales Order Management software is critical for distributors as it gives sales and service departments real-time data to improve their customer service. Further, by automating sales activities it sets your business to be a leader among your competition in customer experience and satisfaction.
With Acumatica integrated workflow, you can automate order processing and eliminate unnecessary steps. Further, you can configure order statuses, status changes, actions, notifications, and alerts to trigger during order processing automatically.
Another key feature is the ability to manage complex customer and vendor pricing and discount policies. With sales order management software you can set up quantity and volume discounts as a percent or an amount. You can also specify multiple discount rules and sequences or allow the system to apply the best discount combination automatically.
One final feature that is important to note is that you can predefine order types tied to specific order processing requirements. Also, you can specify inventory allocation rules, workflow scenario and the documents that will be generated in the Accounts Receivable and Inventory Management modules.
This module is just one of many that make Acumatica Distribution Edition stand out from the crowd. Want to learn more about what sets Acumatica’s Inventory Management software apart? Check out our blog post PC Magazine’s Best Inventory Management Software Going into 2019!
Key Benefits of Acumatica’s Sales Order Management Module
Improve Customer Service
- Provide real-time access to available inventory, order status, shipment information, and current pricing
- Create and fulfill orders accurately
Maximize Discounts with Flexible Scheduling
- Place large orders for best pricing
- Have goods shipped in smaller increments to match production times
- Control delivery using unlimited shipping dates and backorder options
- Manage complex pricing and customer and vendor discount policies
- Maintain discounts in single and multiple currencies
- Establish rules and policies for price overrides: specify price by warehouse, assign costs based on quantity sold, or set prices using various units of measure
Improve Operational Efficiencies
- Manage sales order flows using predefined processes or by configuring a method to match your current workflow
- Specify different order processes for each customer or order
- Configure order status, status changes, actions, notifications, and alerts to automatically trigger during order processing, even allowing users to process a request in one click
- Improve purchasing decisions by using drill-down reports and dashboards to access past information and gain insights into future needs
Want to learn more about Acumatica’s Distribution Management Software? Check out the following articles in our What is ERP? Distribution Tools series! (Advanced Inventory Mangement, Purchase Order Management and Sales Order Management)
Have any questions about Acumatica or want to request a demonstration? Contact our team.
Remember, the company you choose to implement your software dictates the success or failure of your software investment. At Aqurus, we’re passionate about providing superior ERP solutions and support.
Want to learn more about ERP software? Check out the other posts in our What is ERP series! (Financial Tools, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger) Want to learn more about Acumatica’s Manufacturing Management Software? Check out What is ERP – Manufacturing Management and the other articles in the series: Bills of Material/Routing, Material Requirements Planning, and Production Management.