Running a construction business has always been more complicated than running most other kinds of companies. Project timelines can span months or even years, the supply chain includes an array of raw materials, and there are multiple small teams and subcontractors to organize and manage. To be successful, a construction firm needs real-time visibility into all projects and budget information. A cloud construction management solution gives you just that. For more detailed information on the benefits of cloud technology in the construction industry, we’ve compiled a list of must-read articles on the topic.
4 Ways Cloud Technology Can Enhance Productivity for Construction Firms
When it comes to growing your construction business, speed is the name of the game. Your bottom line depends on your ability to exploit new business opportunities before your competitors do — and to handle your current projects efficiently so that your existing customers remain happy. The cloud delivery model does lend itself well to exceeding customer expectations by meeting the needs of a dispersed construction team. Here are a few of the ways that cloud construction ERP software can boost productivity and support your team:
1. Delivering broad and deep functionality
The right cloud ERP system, like Acumatica Construction, will cover all the functions that a construction firm needs. From general features like performing accounting functions and creating bids to covering the industry-specific features like job costing and retainage.
2. Streamlining integration
When you choose the right cloud ERP system for a construction firm, that platform will serve as the hub for all your business applications, connecting your software, data services, and equipment.
3. Removing your security burden
A right cloud ERP solution for the construction industry will provide you with the highest levels of data security.
4. Making it easier to incorporate emerging technologies
With emerging technologies like building information modeling (BIM), Internet of Things (IoT) and drones for aerial photography, the information-rich products of each are more natural to access, analyzed and shared on with a cloud ERP system.
Technology & the Future of the Construction Industry
In light of the effect the most recent recession had on the construction industry in both Calgary and Vancouver, it’s more vital than ever that business-owners get proactive and implement technology and product innovation to aid them in their success and to help recession-proof their operation. The construction industry is changing rapidly; here are the changes we see happening and how we think technology can play into these changes.
Technology as a Competitive Advantage
- Compared to a lot of other industries, construction is commonly seen as a slow-starter with technology. However, we’re starting to see the industry begin to acknowledge the fact that integrated, automated and innovative software is needed if they want to reach the next level of success.
Streamline the Decision-Making Process
- From budgets to tracking project progress and beyond, construction businesses need modern construction accounting software that covers every team members’ needs. This collaborative and holistic approach allows every team member (both in the office and on-site) to understand their role within the organization and allows them to deliver successful projects.
Software with Specialized Functionality
- The construction industry already understands the need for specialized trades. The same mindset is needed when choosing cloud construction software, where seamless integration with expert third-party applications is essential.
- More Millenial and Gen Z workers are beginning to join the workforce and take over their family construction businesses. The generational shift in the industry requires innovative technology. Through rapid innovation and the use of emerging technologies, Acumatica Construction Edition meets the needs generated by this shift.
Acumatica Construction – Customer Success Story
Curran Young Construction, a general contractor firm in Florida, was founded on the mission of providing best-in-class construction services with a passion for continuous improvement, professionalism, and attention to detail. To fulfill this mission, they needed a construction accounting software solution that could connect their front and back-office and seamlessly integrate their essential third-party applications. Curran Young Construction was one of the first customers to implement Acumatica’s modern, flexible construction accounting software. Here are a few of the many benefits the company has experienced since implementing Acumatica Construction Edition:
- Seamless integration with industry-specific applications due to Acumatica’s open system, keeping field operations and the front office in synch
- Increased efficiency due to ease-of-use and integrated functionality with click-of-a-button navigation
- Mobile access for their whole team, providing instant communication and problem-solving now matter where they are or when they need it
- Built-in expense report coding, eliminating the need for separate software programs
“Once we made a decision to go cloud, other software couldn’t compare to Acumatica’s Construction Edition. Being cloud-based takes away the necessity of having servers and infrastructure and their associated operating costs. It was a logical choice. With Acumatica, we can communicate and integrate with other tools easily, which is a big plus as we use tools like Procore, Excel, ProEst and Building Connected.”
— Bruce Young, Co-Founder of Curran Young Construction
As you evaluate cloud construction management solutions, consider what Acumatica Construction Edition has to offer. This full-featured construction ERP can help you improve margins and project control from estimating through close out on office, retail, multi-family, mixed-use and government projects.
Looking for an ERP software solution in Calgary or Vancouver? Interested in Acumatica Calgary? Remember, the company you choose to implement your software dictates the success or failure of your software investment. At Aqurus, we’re passionate about providing superior ERP solutions and support.
Want more information on Acumatica’s Construction Accounting Software and how it could impact your business? Find out more here.