ERP is not just for internal work functions. When you integrate your ERP with eCommerce, you can significantly streamline customer-facing processes through automation and real-time updates. If you sell products online, using an eCommerce ERP can help you manage your revenue streams more efficiently and effectively. This week, we’ve compiled a list of must-read articles discussing the benefits and features of a flawlessly integrated eCommerce and ERP system. We also look at how Acumatica’s Cloud ERP Software helps businesses succeed in the incredibly competitive and continually evolving eCommerce market.
4 Reasons to Integrate ECommerce & ERP
Integrating your ERP with eCommerce can make managing your customer-facing work much easier and more reliable. Here are four reasons your eCommerce business could benefit from an ERP integration:
1. Inventory Levels
- With ERP inventory management you can optimize your stock levels through automated replenishment as well as get real-time inventory counts across your business. This allows you to immediately inform customers if a product is out of stock and helps protect your reputation among those customers.
2. Revenue in Real Time
- With an ERP system, your sales numbers are updated automatically, so you don’t have to play catch up with your revenue reporting. Automation brings information faster and more accurately because it takes away the risk of missed reporting that a manual compilation creates.
3. Automated Customer Updates
- When you automate customer updates, you keep the most anxious customers satisfied while also freeing up your customer service team to handle more complex problems.
4. Scale to Demand
- ERP software works at different demand levels equally well, so you can adjust smoothly and effectively without straining your available resources.
Key ERP Features for ECommerce Businesses
eCommerce ERP still requires necessarily discrete capabilities that only back-end ERP functionality can provide. As a result, if you’re considering this type of integration, here are a few of the essential feature-sets in an ERP eCommerce solution:
- When considering an eCommerce ERP, ensure that all targeted modules offer system-to-system clarity. Acumatica allows for centralized processing by integrating your eCommerce website with backend software for Acumatica.
Ability to establish consolidated dashboards
- The more obvious a system to system user-interface is, the better chance a workforce will embrace a newly integrated platform. Acumatica’s reporting, dashboards and data analysis toolkit gives you more significant insights into your organization with self-service tools to generate reports and analyze trends easily and in real time.
Common data exchanges mechanisms
- Values similar to the dashboards equally apply at the data-exchange level. In this case, not only do cloud providers, like Acumatica, offer hosts of ways to transparently move data elements from place-to-place, but the approach is further enhanced in the case of particular types of databases.
How Acumatica’s eCommerce ERP Solution Helps Businesses Deliver
Cloud ERP software is essential for businesses looking to grow in the globally competitive and continually evolving eCommerce market. Browser-based solutions, like Acumatica, can be accessed by anyone in your value chain from any device with an internet connection. Further, Acumatica gives you real-time visibility into inventory in production and transit, and it allows your business to avoid inventory shortages and overstock situations. With vendors and warehouses being notified precisely when you need inventory, your business can serve customers without tying up valuable capital. Finally, with the ability to connect Acumatica to your eCommerce site, along with warehouse, shipping, point-of-sale systems and a built-in CRM, Acumatica acts as the “single source of truth” and ensures a seamless omnichannel experience via in-store pickup, multi-channel returns and exchanges, and more.
At Aqurus, we know how valuable the Acumatica ERP software is for businesses – especially those in eCommerce and the retail industry. If you’re interested in how Acumatica’s Cloud ERP Software can boost your business, the Aqurus team is passionate about smooth implementation and ongoing support. Reach out to us to find out more!