Project Accounting software helps companies track relevant data for projects. The software can help pinpoint what makes a project profitable, how workflow can be improved and how you can minimize costs. This week, we’ve compiled a list of must-read articles highlighting how to select the right software and how Acumatica Project Accounting centrally manages budgeting, billing and profitability for all of your business’ projects.
Choosing the Right Project Management Software
Leveraging project management solutions in the right situation can streamline the entire project-process and enable your team to deliver higher quality work in less time. While most project management applications offer similar features, no two are identical. Examining each one closely during your selection process is essential in ensuring successful implementation. Here are some things to do and consider when selecting the perfect project management solution for your business.
- Demo several options before moving forward. Test multiple applications before committing to one, to ensure you get a feel for what you like and dislike in a program.
- Identify the specific problems you currently have managing projects. By recognizing where your inefficiencies and issues lie, you can more easily focus on software that bolsters your strengths and supports your weaknesses.
- Choose a system that is easy to implement and easy to use. If a system is challenging to roll out, it might cause more headache than relief. Implementation and ease of use should be significant factors in your final decision.
Acumatica’s Project Accounting Smartsheet Integration Enhances Productivity
Acumatica’s Project Accounting Suite delivers real-time profitability and flexible billing for individual projects. This software is ideal for professional service companies, service industries and other businesses that track job costs against a budget. One key productivity-enhancing feature with Acumatica Project Accounting is the Smartsheet integration.
Acumatica’s Smartsheet integration allows you to combine Acumatica with specialized applications through their cloud ERP hub. This is part of their multi-cloud mindset: Acumatica cloud ERP as the central system-of-record between multiple cloud environments. Smartsheet is both very easy to learn and to use; it’s also priced well for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). With the integration, all transaction-based business processes (Purchase Orders, Expenses, Billing, AP, AR, reporting, etc.) take place in Acumatica, and the resource scheduling needs (project schedule, milestones, dependencies, resources) occurs in Smartsheet; updates are shared between the two. The systems integrate with the express purpose of streamlining your project business processes and providing a complete and updated view, all of which increases customer service and satisfaction.
Case Study: Guardian SealTech Streamlines Operations & Boosts Productivity
Guardian SealTech is an industrial services company based out of Houston that provides preventative and corrective services to oil and gas companies throughout Canada and the US. As the company grew through acquisitions, disparate systems became difficult to manage, making it increasingly challenging to meet business goals. Guardian SealTech chose to implement Acumatica to implement a cost-effective, end-to-end integrated and scalable business system to simplify and automate data entry, work processes and reporting. A few of the key results for the business were:
- Increased visibility into financial performance across business units
- Empowered area managers, giving them better insight and control over business unit financial performance
- Streamlined and improved company processes such as time card entry and approval
- Boosted mobile workforce productivity
“Acumatica was by far the most robust Cloud ERP offering. It offers more functionality, better prices and more value to users.”
– Francisco Callegari, CIO, Guardian SealTech
Could your business benefit from a project accounting cloud ERP solution?
The benefits of tracking project costs, flexible billing options, extensive budget reporting capabilities and a complete, real-time view of your business are yours when you implement Acumatica Project Accounting.