We are in the midst of a radical change in technology preferences. Businesses are changing how they engage with customers, the speed at which they deliver products and services and how they innovate. Choosing to upgrade or purchase cloud-based ERP technology is a necessary step for growing your business in today’s competitive market. This week we’ve compiled of the must-read articles on the benefits of cloud-based ERP technology – and why you should consider moving to the cloud.
The Global Shift to the Cloud
Spending on enterprise software, particularly cloud services and applications, is expected to grow faster than any other category of IT this year. According to Gartner, spending on enterprise software is expected to jump 8.5% this year; this includes ERP, SCM, CRM, open-source, on-premises and cloud software. Within this category, cloud computing infrastructure and applications account for most of the spending – up 17.5% from 2018.
“The fact that were going to cloud is more about agility, getting the feature functionality you need at the speed you need it. Digital business runs at a much faster speed than [bricks and mortar] business; hyperscale data centers are the only things that can support the speed of digital business, the cooperation required in digital business – it’s very difficult to do that on-premises.”
– John Lovelock, Gartner Analyst
Cloud-based ERP solutions, like Acumatica, help streamline processes while gaining visibility over all aspects of operations to accelerate business growth. With full mobile access from anywhere, on any device – it’s no wonder everyone is moving to the cloud.
4 Reasons to Switch to a Cloud-Based ERP
As the use of ERP becomes more prominent in mainstream business, the associated technology continues to advance. To benefit the bottom line, companies are increasingly taking full advantage of the time and money saving benefits of this software. Here are four reasons why your business should consider switching to a cloud-based ERP.
1. Reduced Costs
- Since there is no hardware set-up and not initial balloon investment, Cloud-based ERP systems have a low implementation cost as opposed to the traditional hosted model.
2. Remote Access
- Employees can access cloud-based ERP platforms from remote locations with the same ease as on-site staff. The cloud also means universal access that isn’t limited by budget. Staff can access the cloud ERP from their personal devices or shared company devices with ease.
3. Business Intelligence (BI) Capabilities
- Extracting data is simple when business intelligence (BI) programs can connect with the organized data storage, and user activity records available through an ERP. With cloud-based ERPs, the level of access to data is higher, BI capabilities are transparent, and the accuracy s is, therefore more elevated in comparison to traditional programs.
4. Heightened Security
- The cloud offers secure gateways for remote access, document management systems that prevent the download of sensitive data and on-site archival of confidential information to avoid it falling into the wrong hands.
Acumatica Cloud ERP Wins PCMag Editor’s Choice for Best ERP Software
PCMag offers an excellent comparison resource with its best ERP software award reviews, and we are excited that Acumatica has won once again. For the second year running, Acumatica received an “Excellent” rating by PCMag and continues to outperform the competition. PCMag’s detailed reviews act as an assessment tool for enterprise-level companies seeking an effective business management solution. Out of 10 leading enterprise-level accounting software solutions tested this year, Acumatica was one of three to receive 4.5 stars, beating out powerhouses like Sap Business One, Sage and Microsoft.
“Designed as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application, Acumatica delivers an excellent option for those needing a scalable financial enterprise planning (ERP) platform.”
– Ted Needleman, PCMag Editor
Companies that choose to invest in cloud ERP software will see a better return on investment with a solution like Acumatica. If you contact our team, they will be delighted to demonstrate how Acumatica can make a difference in your company’s success.